Wisconsin, like many other states in the US, has been embracing renewable energy sources such as solar power to help reduce its carbon footprint and provide affordable and reliable energy to its residents. Residential solar panels in Wisconsin have become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to the state’s commitment to clean energy and the availability of incentives that make solar power more affordable for homeowners. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of installing residential solar panels in Wisconsin and how to go about it.
Benefits of Residential Solar Panels in Wisconsin
- Reduced Energy Bills: By installing solar panels, homeowners in Wisconsin can save money on their energy bills. With the abundance of sunshine in the state, solar panels can generate enough energy to power a home, thereby reducing the need to rely on electricity from the grid. This can lead to significant savings on energy bills, especially during the summer months when energy usage is high.
- Increased Property Value: Homes with solar panels have been shown to sell for more than those without them. According to research by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, homes with solar panels sold for 17% more than those without them. This means that homeowners who install solar panels can not only save money on their energy bills but also increase the value of their home.
- Environmental Benefits: Solar power is a clean and renewable energy source that produces no greenhouse gas emissions or air pollution. By using solar energy, homeowners in Wisconsin can significantly reduce their carbon footprint and help combat climate change.
- Energy Independence: By installing solar panels, homeowners in Wisconsin can become less reliant on traditional energy sources such as coal and gas. This can provide a greater sense of energy independence and security, particularly during times of energy shortages or price hikes.
- Incentives and Rebates: Wisconsin offers a variety of incentives and rebates to encourage homeowners to install solar panels. These incentives include the federal solar tax credit, which can provide a credit of up to 30% of the cost of the solar panel system, as well as state-level incentives such as the Focus on Energy program, which provides rebates for solar panel installations.
How to Go About Installing Residential Solar Panels in Wisconsin
- Evaluate Your Home’s Energy Needs: The first step in installing solar panels is to evaluate your home’s energy needs. This will help you determine the size of the solar panel system you need to install to meet your energy requirements.
- Find a Qualified Solar Installer: Finding a qualified solar installer is crucial to ensuring that your solar panel system is installed correctly and functions properly. Look for installers who are licensed and focus on residential solar panel installations.
- Get a Solar Panel Quote: Once you have found a qualified solar installer, request a solar panel quote. The quote should provide you with information about the cost of the solar panel system, the estimated energy savings, and any available incentives and rebates.
- Apply for Incentives and Rebates: Wisconsin offers a variety of incentives and rebates to encourage homeowners to install solar panels. To take advantage of these incentives, you will need to apply for them before you install your solar panel system. In most cases, your solar contractor should handle this for you.
- Install Your Solar Panel System: After you have received your solar panel quote and applied for any available incentives and rebates, it’s time to install your solar panel system. Your solar installer will handle the installation process, which typically takes one to three days.
Residential solar panels in Wisconsin are a smart investment for homeowners who want to reduce their energy bills, increase their property value, and help protect the environment. With incentives and rebates available, now is a great time to install solar panels in Wisconsin and start enjoying the benefits of solar power. If you are interested in installing solar panels in your home!